Studying Dental Assisting at Lincoln Tech in Somerville, MA
The Dental Assistant program at Lincoln Tech in Somerville, MA, offers a unique experience for those interested in dental assisting. At Lincoln Tech, you’ll get to enjoy campus life in the beloved city of Boston, Massachusetts area and learn from some of the best dental professionals in the country.
Here’s what you should know about the school and program at Lincoln Tech in Somerville, MA.
Lincoln Tech provides students with hands-on technical skills and teaches patient-focused practices. With over 70 years of experience in helping students reach their career goals, the professionals at Lincoln Tech can provide the support you need to achieve success as a Dental Assistant.
Lincoln Tech also offers several versatile learning environments and financial accommodations, including:
- Doctor’s Office Classrooms and labs
- Hands-on training facilities
- Scholarships, grants, and other financial aid options
The Somerville campus at Lincoln Tech is just a mile north of Boston, an ideal location for upstarting your career in the healthcare field. Positions in this area of study are on the rise, and with Massachusetts ranking among the highest-paying states in the field, it’s easy to transfer from school to the workplace upon graduating.
There are also many local attractions to enjoy close by to enjoy, including:
- Assembly Square
- The Mystic River
- Fenway Park and TD Garden
- Logan International Airport
- Massachusetts General Hospital
Dental Assisting at Lincoln Tech coursework combines technical knowledge with the personability skills needed to work with patients. You’ll train alongside dentists and patients, gaining the hands-on experience necessary to succeed in this career.
Dental Assisting at Lincoln Tech provides students with a broad program, helping them in multiple areas of training so that each student receives a well-rounded education.
The Dental Assistant Program at Lincoln Tech will entail:
- An introduction to “Dexter,” the Dental Assisting manikin used in training. This will help you learn the proper patient position during X-rays and other related tests and procedures.
- Preparation for dental assisting jobs in various practices such as private, prosthodontics, and orthodontics.
- Hands-on introductions in chair-side assisting, the basics of prosthodontics, and dental anatomy.
- Lessons in assisting with dental procedures such as placing dentures, implants, and crowns.
- Hands-on experience with X-ray equipment.
- Lessons on proper infection control.
At Lincoln Tech, you will gain the skills you need to become a Dental Assistant. However, you will also learn to aid in surgical procedures and the administrative duties associated with the field, such as coding and billing.
The school partners with Perfect Dental, helping you jumpstart your new career path after graduation. Entry-level pay rates for this career in Massachusetts are 25% higher, which is more than the national average.
At Lincoln Tech, the professors and healthcare professionals aim to provide the best overall support, teaching, and care to every student. They work to build better doctors, assistants, and leaders for the future success of healthcare by getting to know each student personally and staying committed to their training throughout their education. You can expect to receive a quality education through this program.